Job Seeker Services
Getting Started in Your Job Search
The road to job-search success begins with motivation, mindset and the right tools.
Visit The Career Place to take advantage of free membership and the many free resources available to you.
We welcome you!
Free Job Seeker Services
Free Specialized Services
- Free Membership
- Career Resource Library
- Career Planning and Assessment
- One-on-one résumé critique, just call for your appointment. 781.932.5500
- Job Postings
- Job Fairs
- Job Interviews with hiring employers, onsite at The Career Place
- Personal & Professional Development Workshops to assist you in your job search. Check our calendar and call 781.932.5500 to pre-register.
- Technical Development Workshops for learning how to use computers in your job search. Check our calendar and call 781.932.5500 to pre-register.
- Free use of Computers, Internet, Printers, Fax, Phone, Copier and Scanner for job-search
- Job-search Action Plans
- Training Referrals
- Private Interviewing Rooms, with free use of telephones
- Check our calendar and special events for workshops, onsite interviews, information sessions and other opportunities.
- Online tips for job seekers
We offer affordable, fee-based services designed to enhance your career development skills.
Many of these services may be available to you free of charge if you meet low income eligibility guidelines.
- Entrepreneurial Training
- Specialized Career Development Workshops
- Computer Training Programs
- Professional Development Workshops
- ...and more! See our list of premium services
Guidelines for Using Career Center Services
- Please make child care arrangements prior to your visit.
- Please do not bring food or drinks into the Career Resource Library or Computer Classroom.
- Computers, telephones, printers, scanner and fax are for job search, career exploration and education purposes only.
- You may not use a personal laptop computer in the Career Resource Library if doing so displaces a person who has come to use the desktop computers that we provide.
- Cell phones should be turned off or muted in the Career Resource Library. Private rooms are provided near the reception area for making phone calls.
- If you cannot keep an appointment or attend a scheduled workshop, please call in advance to cancel and reschedule.
The Career Place provides key services free of charge. Our funding is measured in part by successfully matching individuals with training and career opportunities. We request brief information when our customers obtain employment. All information you provide is confidential and is accessed at The Career Place only by those involved in providing services, determining eligibility, or collecting and reporting data. Your individual information is never distributed to any individuals or groups. To report new employment, you may speak with a career counselor or call The Career Place at 781.932.5500 and press 4.