Tuesday Evening Networking
|Job Search Networking Group
||Second, third, and fourth Tuesday of every month: 5:30 - 7 p.m.
Guest speakers are present on the second and fourth Tuesdays
see our calendar
||The Career Place
||$15 for Lifetime Membership
||Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Stay focused and motivated.
Network with other job seekers.
Guest speakers present new job search topics.
|April 22, 2014:
|| Learn How to Effectively Use the Boston Business Journal in Your Job Search
(rescheduled from April 8)
The Boston Business Journal (BBJ) is the leading business publication covering regional business. This seminar will offer tips and suggestions on how to incorporate this valuable tool into your job search.
- Get tips on how to strategically read the BBJ to become an exceptional job seeker.
- Expand your network and cultivate job leads.
- Learn more about industries and employers featured in the BBJ.
- Seminar will be both informational and fun.
Jessie Greco is the Audience Development Representative at The Boston Business Journal. I look forward to seeing you there!
Who should attend:
- Anyone looking for new employment opportunities
- People currently working but 'under-employed'
- Support Staff
Why should you join the group:
- Employment experts estimate 60% to 75% of ALL jobs are found by networking
- Meet and hear from local industry representatives
- Get on-going job search advice from staff and members
- According to a Career Transition Study done by Drake Beam Morin, 64% of the almost 7,500 people surveyed said they found their new jobs through networking
- Lahey Clinic
- Bank of America representatives
- Fresenius Medical Care
- John Galt Staffing
- Internal Revenue Service
- Overcoming the Deadly Dozen Obstacles to Effective Job Hunting, presented by Dr. Paul Powers, author of "Winning Job Interviews" (Career Press) and "Love Your Job!" (O'Reilly Media)
- Selling Yourself - What Makes You Stand Out
- What Recruiters/HR Look for in a Candidate
- How to Prepare for Phone Interviews
- Stay Motivated in a Job Search
- Making a Career Change
To register as a member: Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Helpful Web Sites