Tuesday Evening Networking
|Job Search Networking Group
||Second, third, and fourth Tuesday of every month: 5:30 - 7 p.m.
Guest speakers are present on the second and fourth Tuesdays
see our calendar
||The Career Place
||$15 for Lifetime Membership
||Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Stay focused and motivated.
Network with other job seekers.
Guest speakers present new job search topics.
|February 11, 2014:
Innovative methods for speeding your search for gainful employment
This session will cover:
- Tracking and Accountability
- Marketing your Brand
- "Out of the Box" ways to get connected inside your target industry
Guest speaker Mark Censky has a unique background having started his work life as Assistant Director of Career Counseling and Placement at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. He helped both new graduates and alumni clarify their goals and reach their ideal vocations.
In his position at Xavier, he became an expert on computer systems and then leveraged this skillset by joining an IT company that would eventually send him to Silicon Valley in California and then to Boston. Since that time he has worked for both start-up as well as Fortune 500 companies including AT&T and EMC
Who should attend:
- Anyone looking for new employment opportunities
- People currently working but 'under-employed'
- Support Staff
Why should you join the group:
- Employment experts estimate 60% to 75% of ALL jobs are found by networking
- Meet and hear from local industry representatives
- Get on-going job search advice from staff and members
- According to a Career Transition Study done by Drake Beam Morin, 64% of the almost 7,500 people surveyed said they found their new jobs through networking
- Lahey Clinic
- Bank of America representatives
- Fresenius Medical Care
- John Galt Staffing
- Internal Revenue Service
- Overcoming the Deadly Dozen Obstacles to Effective Job Hunting, presented by Dr. Paul Powers, author of "Winning Job Interviews" (Career Press) and "Love Your Job!" (O'Reilly Media)
- Selling Yourself - What Makes You Stand Out
- What Recruiters/HR Look for in a Candidate
- How to Prepare for Phone Interviews
- Stay Motivated in a Job Search
- Making a Career Change
To register as a member: Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Helpful Web Sites