Tuesday Evening Networking
Job Search Networking Group
||Every Tuesday of the month.
||4 to 6 p.m.
||Guest speakers present on the second Tuesday of the month.
||The Career Place
||$15 for Lifetime Membership
||Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Stay focused and motivated.
Network with other job seekers.
Guest speakers present new job search topics.
September 13, 2016
Job seekers can have a tendency to enter the interview process blindly without fully knowing what to expect. This can lengthen the time it takes to find a job and lead to a great deal of disappointment. A more effective approach is to take some time to learn about all aspects of the job search and interviewing process. Guest speaker, Josh Blumenshine, who will help prepare you for a successful interview process.
Josh Blumenshine is a staffing consultant at King & Bishop with over 14-years' experience leading and managing diverse teams. He has held management roles for a few large scale retailers where he specialized in retail operations turnaround and consistently exceeded sales and profit goals. Josh performed a career transition into recruiting as he has a passion for finding great talent.
Who should attend:
- Anyone looking for new employment opportunities
- People currently working but 'under-employed'
- Support Staff
Why should you join the group:
- Employment experts estimate 60% to 75% of ALL jobs are found by networking
- Meet and hear from local industry representatives
- Get on-going job search advice from staff and members
- According to a Career Transition Study done by Drake Beam Morin, 64% of the almost 7,500 people surveyed said they found their new jobs through networking
- Lahey Clinic
- Bank of America representatives
- Fresenius Medical Care
- John Galt Staffing
- Internal Revenue Service
- Overcoming the Deadly Dozen Obstacles to Effective Job Hunting, presented by Dr. Paul Powers, author of "Winning Job Interviews" (Career Press) and "Love Your Job!" (O'Reilly Media)
- Selling Yourself - What Makes You Stand Out
- What Recruiters/HR Look for in a Candidate
- How to Prepare for Phone Interviews
- Stay Motivated in a Job Search
- Making a Career Change
To register as a member: Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Helpful Web Sites