Tuesday Evening Networking
Job Search Networking Group
||Every Tuesday of the month.
||4 to 5:30 p.m.
||Guest speakers present on the second Tuesday of the month.
||The Career Place
||$15 for Lifetime Membership
||Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Stay focused and motivated.
Network with other job seekers.
Guest speakers present new job search topics.
February 9, 2016
"Helpful Tools for a Successful Job Interview"
Job interviews can be a nerve-wracking experience for the applicant and time-consuming for the hiring company. However, they play a key role in determining whether the company and candidate will make an effective match.
This session will cover:
- Realizing that the interviewer is excited to meet you!
- Getting ready and enjoying the process!
- "Best foot forward" for a successful interview- review what it takes to be a "Stand Out"
- Interviewing "Do's and Don'ts" - being comfortable and well prepared
- Learn about what employers are looking for when asking specific questions
- Review typical Human Resource questions and suitable answers
- After the interview - the Follow-Up and Thank You note
Guest speaker, Patricia Craig, has 15 years of professional recruitment and consulting experience.
Who should attend:
- Anyone looking for new employment opportunities
- People currently working but 'under-employed'
- Support Staff
Why should you join the group:
- Employment experts estimate 60% to 75% of ALL jobs are found by networking
- Meet and hear from local industry representatives
- Get on-going job search advice from staff and members
- According to a Career Transition Study done by Drake Beam Morin, 64% of the almost 7,500 people surveyed said they found their new jobs through networking
- Lahey Clinic
- Bank of America representatives
- Fresenius Medical Care
- John Galt Staffing
- Internal Revenue Service
- Overcoming the Deadly Dozen Obstacles to Effective Job Hunting, presented by Dr. Paul Powers, author of "Winning Job Interviews" (Career Press) and "Love Your Job!" (O'Reilly Media)
- Selling Yourself - What Makes You Stand Out
- What Recruiters/HR Look for in a Candidate
- How to Prepare for Phone Interviews
- Stay Motivated in a Job Search
- Making a Career Change
To register as a member: Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Helpful Web Sites