Tuesday Evening Networking
Job Search Networking Group
||Every Tuesday of the month.
||4 to 6 p.m.
||Guest speakers present on the second Tuesday of the month.
||The Career Place
||$15 for Lifetime Membership
||Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Stay focused and motivated.
Network with other job seekers.
Guest speakers present new job search topics.
December 13, 2016
“Adversity writes our story and if our response is right, the story will be good.”
Adversity appears in some form in all jobs and job search. A person’s ability to handle difficult or confrontational situations is important to success in any position.
Guest speaker Cherine Tolloch will address how to deal with adversity.
Loses Will Occur – So Now What? “We Have a Choice”
Responsibility – The First Step of Learning “If it’s to be, it’s up to me”
Change – The Price of Learning
Teach ability – The Pathway of Learning: “Turning Losses into Lessons”
Turning losses into a gain
Losing gives us an opportunity to learn - "We Only Learn What We Are Ready to Learn”
Our Attitude Determines Our Altitude
Who should attend:
- Anyone looking for new employment opportunities
- People currently working but 'under-employed'
- Support Staff
Why should you join the group:
- Employment experts estimate 60% to 75% of ALL jobs are found by networking
- Meet and hear from local industry representatives
- Get on-going job search advice from staff and members
- According to a Career Transition Study done by Drake Beam Morin, 64% of the almost 7,500 people surveyed said they found their new jobs through networking
- Lahey Clinic
- Bank of America representatives
- Fresenius Medical Care
- John Galt Staffing
- Internal Revenue Service
- Overcoming the Deadly Dozen Obstacles to Effective Job Hunting, presented by Dr. Paul Powers, author of "Winning Job Interviews" (Career Press) and "Love Your Job!" (O'Reilly Media)
- Selling Yourself - What Makes You Stand Out
- What Recruiters/HR Look for in a Candidate
- How to Prepare for Phone Interviews
- Stay Motivated in a Job Search
- Making a Career Change
To register as a member: Stop by the center, or call 781.932.5518.
Helpful Web Sites