Adaptive Technology and Resources
Available at The Career Place:
Stop by our Career Resource Library Desk to access these resources.
- Alternative Keyboard
- Modified keyboard allows key selection by variable hand and finger motion.
- Audio Cassette Recorder
- Allows user to tape our workshop sessions.
- Cushion for Back-support
- Provides comfort for individuals with back/spinal conditions or injuries when using our library or participating in a workshop.
- JAWS (Job Access With Speech)
- A software program (used with headphones) that converts text on a computer screen to speech, enabling users to fully access the Internet and other computer program resources.
- Lamp Designed for Individuals with Low-Vision
- Portable lamp provides increased visual acuity.
- Magnification Screen
- A CCTV (closed-circuit television) is available in our library for use as a large magnification screen. Books and other printed material can be placed under a video camera and shown in an enlarged view on the screen.
- Transfers written materials into a digital/computer format.
- Telephone with Accessibility Features
- Large-button telephone with amplification is available for use in a private, accessible room. Please inquire at our front desk.
- Trackball (Extra-Large)
- Available as an alternative to a standard mouse to assist individuals who lack fine motor skills.
- Video Relay Service
- Video-phone provides immediate access to American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters for assistance with phone interviews and other job-search-related phone calls. Available for use in a private, accessible room. Calls may be made between ASL users and hearing persons speaking either English or Spanish.
- Wheelchair-accessible PC Workstations
- Available in our library and computer-training classroom.